Teams Drive is a Cloud Drive Mapper feature that allows all of a user's MS Teams document libraries to be mapped into a single drive letter. What makes this feature so powerful is its simplicity and ease of implementation. An admin only needs to set the Teams Drive to a drive letter and give it a name, and the rest of the work happens dynamically by Cloud Drive Mapper.
When a user first logs in to their machine/VDI, CDM sends a request to Office 365 to get the list of Teams the user is a member of. It then maps all of them (from 1 Team to >1000 Teams) inside the Teams Drive. The admin doesn't need to keep track of which users are members of which Team. That would be far too much administrative overhead, so CDM takes care of that for you.
How to set-up your Teams Drive
- Ensure you're using CDM v.2.3.3 or above (download latest version)
- Go through the 'advanced mode' AAD admin permissions process (see knowledge-base article)
- Create/deploy a registry key string EnableAdvanceMode value = true
- ideally to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IAM Cloud\CloudDriveMapper
- else to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\IAM Cloud\CloudDriveMapper
- For version 2.9.x.x advance mode is used by default, so no registry key is required for it.
- Set-up the Team Drive in the IAM Cloud admin portal (see below)
Adding the Teams Drive in our Admin Portal
- Go to the drive mapping group you want to add the drive for (you may only have one), and click edit
- Click 'Add a drive'
- On the 'OneDrive or SharePoint library' dropdown, select 'Other SharePoint library'
- Type in the URL as follows: https://example.sharepoint.com/[teamsites] (replacing 'example' with your SharePoint domain)
- Give the Team Drive a name, e.g. Teams, and a drive letter e.g. T
- Click save
- Repeat steps 1-6 if you want to add the Teams Drive to other groups.
That's it! Now you can access all your Teams document library data through Windows Explorer and create desktop shortcuts to your favourite documents etc.
If you need any help with this please contact email@example.com and we'll be glad to advise.