Cloud Drive Mapper accesses Office 365 APIs in order to map drives to OneDrive for Business, SharePoint Online and MS Teams storage. In line with Microsoft's latest recommendations, Cloud Drive Mapper requires 'permission' to access these APIs. This gives Office 365 customers (like you) more control and visibility over what their connected applications (like CDM) can access. It also ensures connected applications preserve conditional access settings and MFA you may have configured within Azure or with another identity provider.
For more information on AAD Enterprise Application permissions as well as which permissions Cloud Drive Mapper uses and why, please read this more detailed article.
Cloud Drive Mapper has two modes:
- Standard/basic mode (OneDrive and static SPO mappings only). This is the default permission, as it helps assist new trials without needing AAD admin approvals. Standard mode only requires user-level permissions which can be set by users themselves. However, this mode can only map drives to OneDrive for Business and static URL SharePoint drives, but none of CDM's other drive-types or advanced features.
- Advanced mode (recommended). This is enabled via a registry key (details below), and it requires an AAD Admin to grant and configure the AAD permissions.
We have moved the standard mode instructions from this article, but should you still require them they are available in a separate article here.
Advanced mode (recommended)
A number of Cloud Drive Mapper's advanced features including SharePoint drives, our Converged Drive feature and our user-configured drives feature require advanced admin-granted permissions.
To grant admin permissions for advanced mode:
- Click this link and follow the steps until you see the success screen
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory Admin Center > Dashboard > Enterprise Applications
- You should see Cloud Drive Mapper Advanced listed in the applications. Click into our application in the list, and then navigate to the Permissions tab via the left-hand menu.
- You should see a button that says [Grant admin consent for IAM Cloud]. Click the button, and that's it.
To activate advanced mode in the Cloud Drive Mapper EXE/MSI client you will need to add a registry key 'EnableAdvanceMode' value = 'true' to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IAM Cloud\CloudDriveMapper
This is what the experience looks like:
If you need any assistance, please contact email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.